Whoops perhaps I should clarify and quickly
A group of us like minded, Victoria BC, businesses are banding together on Friday April 20 in celebration of Earth Day 2012 (April 22). Us environmental warriors have been busy conjuring up a contest that will pit us against one another and the best part is there will be no loosers.
So here are the details and if you are in our area please come by and be part of our team (the keeners) starting at 12noon sharp for one solid hour we will focus on any garbage found on our point of land and shore line of Laurel Point.
- We will supply the gloves and the environmentally friendly garbage bags
- We will scour our land (and as a waterfront Victoria BC hotel not such a bad offer) and pick up all the garbage we can find
- We will count each peice so 1 cigarette butt = 1 peice. I like to say think Flower Count only with garbage.
- We will beat our competing business and claim our prize of the Golden Garbage Award!!
- At 1:45 we will host a brief ceremony presided over by a Victoria VIP (TBA) and that is where we will claim our award (fingers are crossed – makes typing interesting)
We believe the environment needs more friends. Can you blame us for being vain? Our guests and community enjoy one of the most scenic, pristine settings in the world and we want to keep it that way. As BC’s only carbon neutral hotel (just ask Offsetters) this is the least we could do to give back to that great lady … Mother Nature.
Stay environmentally friendly! #cleanupyyj