Our Inn at Laurel Point is a lean, mean, green, sustainability-fighting machine – but don’t just take my word for it!
For this year’s Business Excellence Awards (an annual event put on by Vancouver Island’s Business Examiner publication), the Inn was honoured with a nomination in the category of Be Green. But in the company of five other top-notch (and highly-sustainable) Vancouver Island businesses, what would be the odds of us coming out on top? Turns out, pretty good!
Here at this downtown Victoria Inn, being green is just a way of (hotel) life. And we’ve done such a good job of streamlining luxury and sustainability (who says they can’t go hand-in-hand?), that many of our guests and partners aren’t even aware of the little things we do to better our corner of the planet. So, for just a minute, let me toot the Inn’s own horn while I share 10 eco-friendly, socially-conscious, betcha-didn’t-knows about the Inn:
10. We offer our guests biodegradable room keys, pens and dry-cleaning bags.
9. We’ve partnered with the BC Cancer Society to offer cancer patients a year- round discounted Courage Rate.
8. We have an in-house Green Committee that’s made up of (and accessible to) all staff.
7. We donate lost-and-found items to local charities and shelters.
6. Our housekeepers use ecoSafe cleaners and recycled-content paper towels.
4. Whenever possible, we use hydrothermal technology to heat and cool the hotel. (Can you say that 10-times-fast?)
3. You name it, we recycle it: paper, glass, aluminum, tin, plastic, cardboard, cooking fat, batteries, toner cartridges… The list goes on.
2. We’re BC’s first carbon-neutral hotel.
1. Our guest amenities are Earth-friendly and socially responsible! The products are created by using tree bough oils, sustainably harvested from BC’s Great Bear Rainforest by members of the Coastal First Nations – Great Bear Initiative (a collective that works to create meaningful employment for First Nations communities in BC) and blended by Victoria’s Silk Road.
Other businesses named Be Green finalists include Wetlands Pacific Corp. (a Nanaimo-based wastewater management system); Blue Toque Sports Swap (a used and consignment sports store set in Courtenay); Canada Laminate and Hardwood (a flooring shop located in Victoria); Island West Coast Developments Ltd. (a medium-sized commercial construction company in Nanaimo); and The Beach Club Resort.
Treat our planet different,
Inn at Laurel Point is the premiere harbour side hotel in Victoria, BC. Overlooking the waterfront, the pet friendly Victoria hotel is perfect for business meetings, conferences, weddings and your Vancouver Island getaway. To reserve your Victoria waterfront hotel accommodation, call 1-800-663-7667.