Our Japanese garden is primed, our wine glasses are polished and stunning summer weather has arrived. Sips and Seafood is back and better than ever! Chef Ito and his gang of culinary wizards have been busy designing this years event. So, for your eyes only and on the QT, here’s what my sources have disclosed:
- Crab, mussels and clams – Oh my!
- Oysters – of course
- Side stripe shrimp and asparagus risotto – personal fav
- Famous Finest at Sea smoked fish extraodinaire this year will include cold smoked salmon, candied salmon, cold smoked tuna (unbelievably great), teriyaki tuna and smoked oysters on toast
- Ling cod fish and chips
- Build your own soft taco with a fresh fish ceviche
- Salmon sashimi and salmon wellington
- Pan fried halibut in a red curry and coconut cream sauce
- Thin crusted seafood pizza, nice!
- Seafood pasta
- Smoked tuna and cucumber brioche
And if that’s not enough to inspire, there is also myriad of deliciousness that will be passed, such as crab cake sliders, grilled marinated octopus, albacore tuna poke and on and on and on and on…
We are so darn happy that our friend and James Bay neighbour Finest at Sea are back to partner with us; on this, our favorite event of the year. I mean, who else would we work with to bring you 100% wild seafood, caught by local fisherman through sustainable fishing practices!
See ya there!
Friday July 20th. 6:30pm to 9:30pm or consider the rock star experience and join us in the Penthouse for Chef Ito’s Pre-party cohosted by Howard Soon, award winning Winemaker, Sandhill wines
$109 per person or $159 Chef Ito’s pre-party
Tickets available by phone 250 386 8721, ILP front desk or TASTE website
Proud partner of TASTE, Victoria’s Festival of Food and Wine July 19-22, 2012